About Aidan's mama

October 3, 2011

Eggplant roll-OUT

Quinoa pinenut eggplant rolls

Nothing turns a house into a home like the smell of fresh food cooking on the stove or in the oven.

If they could make a candle that gives you the real deal impression that someone has been baking away the day then that would just be lovely, those scented overpriced jar candles don't cut it.

For 2 of my favorite's wedding anniversary we had an impromptu vegan vs. not vegan theme.

I made this vegan dish in hopes to win over some quinoa virgins.


It started out like all great meals, with tomato sauce cooking away with fresh herbs

For the eggplant, I peeled it. Cut it into thin slices, and salted each side. They sat for 30 min. and then I dried off the water that came out. I then baked them for 15 min. at 350 until they were soft and ready to 'roll'

I sauteed 1 cup of chopped baby sweet peppers, with some onions and fresh cut mint.

In a pot I boiled 2 cups of veg stock and added 1 cup of quinoa.

When the quinoa was done I added it to the pepper mixture with some pine nuts, and additional seasoning



The rolls were then covered with the sauce, and placed in a baking dish.

They were baked at 375 for 30min.


Plated with a little drizzle of olive oil, these bad boys were ready to party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...