About Aidan's mama

September 14, 2011

Roooooooaaaaaaaar!


Eat Em' Up Tigers, Eat Em' Up!

I'm a Detroit girl at heart.

For almost 9 years I spent just about everyday either working, schooling or living there. Detroit has its quirks, its issues and positives. I moved on to provide what I consider a better life for my little love nugget, but Detroit is in his blood and mine forever.

We went to a Tigers game on Sunday. The weather was perfect, and the crowd was electrified with excitement. Detroit killed it!


This little guy sat in this chair for 4 hours without disturbance...he is the quintessential Tiger's fan.

 
I started the morning with a nutrient packed breakfast, Chia Crumble Topped Baked Pears
I don't have an exact recipe of how I made this dish so here goes nothing...

I cored out several pears and pealed them. I mixed rolled oats, Cinnamon, nutmeg, a pinch of brown sugar, and raw chia seeds. To that I added Earth Balance Light, a vegan butter-like spread. I topped the pears and baked it for 1 hour 15min @ 375. At first it was uncovered, then after 45 min. I drizzled some agave nectar over the pears and covered it with aluminum foil. They came out so tender and fragrant, a wonderful way to rev up your day and make the house smell warm and inviting.

Later that night we had another great dinner, which I didn't take pictures of- But I did capture a cute moment in time (that was of course staged, but whatevsies)

Dinner on Monday was a vegetable packed salad, tossed in a roma tomato vinaigrette and topped with toasted walnuts & pulled chicken

In the salad is fresh corn, 2 types of cabbage (from the garden), carrots, celery, cucumbers (from the garden) and romaine lettuce.

The vinaigrette was made with a fresh roma tomato, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. I mixed it silly in the vitamix which created a miraculously smooth texture. The acid in the uncooked tomato added to the tang of the dressing.

The chicken was boiled in vegetable stock, pulled then lightly pan fried in olive oil with toasted walnuts, chopped dried onion, fresh green onion, fresh garlic, and a fresh habanero pepper. I took the quartered habanero out before I served it on the salad.

And my favorite time of the day, DESERT TIME!
Coconut flour cookies with peanut butter & chocolate chips (gluten free)

1 stick melted butter or butter substitute
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut flour
splash of vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate & peanut butter chips mixed

Melt butter and mix with the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the coconut flour and chips. Bake at 350 for 15 min.

These taste amazing hot or cold, and have a melt-in-you-mouth texture. The coconut flour I used is raw, and is naturally a gluten free & high fiber product.




They are also kid tested & mom approved


2 comments:

  1. Great looking cookies and such adorable little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love children and yours are just beyond adorable! They look so happy! And of course with all the yummy food you're making I can certainly see why. The photos are lovely and the food puts a smile on my face as well. Thanks for sharing, I am now happily following your site =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...