About Aidan's mama

July 17, 2011

Wakey-Wakey

Sundays are my favorite days. A time to unwind, read, drink coffee, cook and enjoy every minute with my monster.

Photobucket


Messy curly hair, but I don't care. 8AM is usually when he gets up, and the first thing he wants is to chug an obligatory organic beverage.

For breakfast this morning I made cheerio crusted pancakes, which was the creation of a status update by Navdo @ http://www.navdo.net​/, so i figured why not.

Photobucket



I used;
1 cup multi grain flour mix (with baking powder)
1 egg
1 TBS flax
1 TBS olive oil

cooked on one side then added cheerios to the other and flipped.

Photobucket
For lunch I had a kohlrabi from my garden so I made a slaw (he's drooling with excitement)

Photobucket
kohlrabi & apple slaw in a creamy lime cilantro dressing

1 kohlrabi, cleaned and pealed
1 empire apple
2 TBS chopped cilantro
1/4 cup pre-made slaw dressing
2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
shredded carrots
salted cashews

Use a mandolin to finely julienne kohlrabi and apple. Combine all ingredients.

Aidan is expecting a boy cousin any day now, which will make them about a year apart. I had this recipe in mind for Aidan's Aunt, due to the ridiculous amount of anti-oxidants, omega 3's, vitamins & minerals. These are meant to be eaten when you go into labor, but they are great any time!
Photobucket
raw chocolate chia balls

1 1/2 cup dates
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup raw chia seeds
raw coconut flour
dash of vanilla
touch of sea salt

Add all ingredients in a food processor, add a tablespoon of water if it will not blend easily. When it works into a dough form into balls, and roll into coconut flour.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...