About Aidan's mama

June 7, 2011

Doin' it, Doin' it, Doin' it well

Life is art, but most importantly food is art.

I love trying to create something visually appealing, even if it tastes like crap.

Below is a little something I whipped up with a breaded salmon in Mediterranean spices & pine nuts.

Photobucket
It is atop roasted vegetables and topped with a quail egg. The chili paste in the chili oil was the finishing touch the dish needed.

It was quite delish, even the monster man approved.

Photobucket
Pictured above is my first attempt at home made falafel- not out of a box, finally. Not sure why I never tackled this issue before, but it turned out great. I used a can of chick peas as the base, then added fresh parsley, garlic, cumin, turmeric, lemon juice, salt & Cayenne. I added a very small amount of brown rice flour & sesame seeds.

It is important to note that legit falafel is made from soaked raw chickpeas, not out of a can. I will go for the gusto soon enough.
The texture was fantastic but unlike any falafal I have ever had. It was really light and melted in my mouth as soon as it hit my tastebuds. The tahini sauce was just tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, water and dill.

The dressing for the fatoosh was sumac, olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt & pepper.

Everything on the plate was super simple but full of flavor, just how I like my life.

Photobucket

I was felt like making something Sunday worthy, and tossed this plate together for shits n' giggles. The crepes are made from a multi grain flour and tons of eggs. I let it chill in the refrigerator then made a creamy cheese sauce in the trusty vita mix to finish with a sha-bang.

The fruit is just a bunch of goodies from Eastern Market with some honey, fresh chocolate mint & lemon zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...